Schools to get more legal support

first_imgSchools to get Government-sponsored legal adviceStuff co.nz 6 July 2015Schools that face sudden court action by angry parents will soon get more legal support.The move follows the St Bede’s College rowing debacle in March, where the parents of student rowers Jordan Kennedy and Jack Bell successfully obtained a court injunction allowing the boys to race at the Maadi Cup.The school’s rector, Justin Boyle, tried to ban them after they breached security at Auckland Airport. Crown Law will prepare legal submissions, or briefing notes, for lawyers who represent school boards facing a legal challenge when there is little time to prepare, Ministry of Education head of sector enablement and support Katrina Casey said.The submissions would be based on past rulings.There had been a noticeable increase in the last year of schools seeking legal advice after parents threatened legal action, Secondary Principals Association New Zealand (Spanz) president Sandy Pasley said.http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/69986459/schools-to-get-governmentsponsored-legal-advice.htmllast_img read more

Fernandinho Close to Extending Man City Contract

first_imgBrazilian Fernandinho has confirmed that he is close The arrival of Rodri in the summer – who operates in a similar role – seemed to signal the beginning of the end of Fernandinho’s Premier League career. However, reports have emerged recently suggesting that the 34-year-old would soon be extending his stay at the Etihad Stadium.The player has now confirmed this in an interview with ESPN Brazil, revealing that he is close to signing a new deal with the Citizens.” When I renewed at the end of 2018, we put a clause that if I reached certain goals, my contract would be renewed automatically,” Fernandinho said after his side’s 3-1 Carabao Cup victory over city rivals Manchester United.” Conversations have already started, we talked about it last month. I am close to reaching those goals and renewing the contract, but we can only confirm it after signing.“The club have already shown interest in me staying, I have also shown (my interest) in staying.”Due to an injury to Aymeric Laporte and the indifferent form of Nicolas Otamendi, Fernandinho has largely been deployed as a centre back this season, in a move mimicking the transformations made by the likes of Javier Mascherano and Javi Martinez under Pep Guardiola.The Brazilian has claimed that he is thankful of the positional change as it has allowed him to extend his career at the top level.” It’s good as long as you can be at the highest level,” Fernandinho said when asked if he enjoyed playing in defence. “Playing in a different position opens up the range of learning.“In defence, I see the game in a different way. It has been very cool and the guidance I have received from Pep has been very good.“At 34, playing in the Premier League is a source of pride. Many, many players wanted to be experiencing what I am experiencing.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram WINTER TRANSFERFernandinho has confirmed that he is close to extending his contract at Manchester City, which expires at the end of the season.The Brazilian has been a vital player for City since joining from Shakhtar Donetsk in 2013, making close to 300 appearances and winning a number of trophies, including three Premier League titles.last_img read more

NBA and coronavirus: No positive COVID-19 tests reported on day before restart

first_imgA statement from the NBA and the National Basketball Players’ Association (NBPA) detailed 344 tests had taken place in the league’s on-site ‘bubble’ since the previous results were announced on July 20, with no players providing any cause for concern.There were similarly zero positives from 346 tests in the previous batch. On July 13, two players returned positives from 322 tests.The 22 participating teams each played three inter-squad scrimmages in the seven days up to and including Tuesday this week.The NBA and NBPA have announced the following: pic.twitter.com/ePfr1JFeOk— NBA (@NBA) July 29, 2020 The NBA has completed its final round of COVID-19 testing before the resumption of the 2019-20 season, with no players testing positive.The New Orleans Pelicans face the Utah Jazz and the Los Angeles Lakers take on the Los Angeles Clippers in a double header on Thursday at Walt Disney World, Orlando.last_img read more