The National Police have arrested four individuals allegedly affiliated with the Islamic State-linked Jamaah Ansharut Daulah (JAD) terror network in Batang regency, Central Java.The police’s Densus 88 counterterrorism squad raided a house in Subak subdistrict of the regency on Wednesday afternoon, during which the personnel made the arrests, National Police spokesperson Brig. Gen. Argo Yuwono said.“They are allegedly members of the Semarang and Temanggung chapters of JAD in Central Java as well as the Makassar chapter of the group in South Sulawesi,” Argo said during a press conference on Thursday.Densus 88 personnel initially found five alleged terrorists at the house, but one of them had tried to retaliate by attacking the officers with a samurai sword, prompting the police to take lethal action against the person, Argo claimed.Read also: Pro-IS deportees played major role in radicalizing West Sumatra groups: IPAC reportThe police later carried the attacker’s dead body to Bhayangkara Hospital’s mortuary in Semarang, Central Java.“Therefore we only detained four alleged terrorists in the operation. They are now under interrogation,” Argo added.The police also gathered a machete, a samurai sword, several jerry cans containing suspicious liquid, 10 boxes of matches, 10 electrical resistors, four smartphones and 24 small bottles as evidence from the operation. (glh)Topics :
There was plenty to drool over in this striking designer residence in Jabiru Estate, which was snapped up by a local family for $4.6 million well before the scheduled auction. READ MORE: One-of-a-kind house sold for record pre-auction 15 Susanne St, Southport.The property was among the 10 most-viewed properties on realestate.com.au across Queensland this week, with more than 5600 people having looked at the listing. “In Southport, houses with three bedrooms and two bathrooms are the most-searched configuration so this property really matched what people were looking for,” Mr Saveall said. 6 Jake Court, Bonogin. MORE: Gold Coast set for a blooming spring selling season 15 Susanne St, Southport.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa7 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag1 day ago 15 Susanne St, Southport.With COVID-19 restrictions limiting gatherings to 10 people from 8am on Saturday morning, Mr Saveall said 42 groups formed a long line down the street for their chance to see inside. Positioned on a 506 sqm north facing block, the house was fully renovated a year ago with warm timber flooring and a fresh colour palette hitting all the right notes. Luxury living hits new heights with garages in the sky Homesick expats crave a dose of green and gold 15 Susanne St, Southport.Although the price has not yet been revealed, Mr Saveall said the settled sale would set a new benchmark for a renovated three bedroom residence on Susanne Street, which is described as family-friendly with kids playing in the neighbourhood after school. 3 Lagoon Way, Mudgeeraba. Most-viewed on the Gold Coast last week 6 Jake Court, Bonogin Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 2:31Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -2:31 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenIs it a good time to list?02:31First time buyers lined up down the street for a look inside a charming renovated residence which went under contract after the first open home. More than 40 groups turned out on Saturday to inspect the split level weatherboard home at 15 Susanne St, Southport, which was listed for offers over $549,000. 15 Susanne St, Southport.McGrath – Surfers Paradise agent Mark Saveall said six written offers were received, with a local young couple signing a contract “well above” the asking price to secure their first home. “Around 75 per cent of those who inspected the property were first time buyers,” said Mr Saveall. “The price, the location and the big backyard with space for kids, a dog and a pool were all very appealing.” 3 Lagoon Way, Mudgeeraba This newly constructed timber pole home is the next best thing to a hinterland hotel. The resort-style residence offers green glimpses at every turn, with seamless indoor-outdoor living making the most of the forest surrounds. READ MORE: Two-year wait for unique pole homes
The New York Times 12 December 2018Family First Comment: “There’s always been the expectation that big business was going to come in; we’ve been hearing rumors about ‘Marlboro Greens’ for decades now. Now we’re past the point of no return.”Legalisation of marijuana is simply the same thing as Big Tobacco II.They’re already lining up.#SayNopeToDope www.SayNopeToDope.nz Proponents of legal marijuana spent decades fighting a slow battle for mainstream acceptance. Now, with recreational use legal in Canada and many states in the United States, big business is suddenly swooping in.Altria, the maker of Marlboro and other cigarettes, last week paid $1.8 billion for almost half of Cronos Group, a cannabis company in Toronto.In August, Constellation Brands, which owns Corona and other beers, paid $4 billion for a major stake in Canopy Growth, another Canadian marijuana company. That month, Molson Coors, another brewer, formed a joint venture with a cannabis company in Quebec.“There’s always been the expectation that big business was going to come in; we’ve been hearing rumors about ‘Marlboro Greens’ for decades now,” said Bethany Gomez, director of research at Brightfield Group, a cannabis market research group. “Now we’re past the point of no return.” The arrival of large multinational corporations portends sweeping changes for an industry that until recently operated in the shadows. As billions of dollars pour into product development, marketing and manufacturing, these companies will be looking to create big brands with the market share to match. Brightfield estimates that global legal cannabis sales will reach more than $31 billion in 2021, up from less than $8 billion last year.But while large-scale investments suggest that the mainstream acceptance of marijuana has reached a significant tipping point, longtime cannabis advocates are worried that the idealistic entrepreneurs who made this moment possible may get left behind.READ MORE: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/12/business/cannabis-business-altria-canopy-constellation-cronos.html
At least 15 people were killed on Thursday in tribal clashes in the southern Libyan city Sebha, Libyan official news agency LANA reported on Friday.The deadly clashes occurred between members of Tabu and Tuareg tribes, two large rival tribes in southern Libya.The report said that three others were killed on Wednesday. And tribal clashes have claimed the lives of over 60 people in the city in a month, according to the city statistics.Sebha, Libya’s largest southern city, has been witnessing escalating violence and similar clashes between the two rival tribe members despite government and elders reconciliation efforts. Enditem
113 Views no discussions Share Share Share Tweet Sharing is caring! FaithInternationalLifestylePrint Burundi law to limit church numbers by: – July 10, 2014 Churches are often started in someone’s home, other congregations rent a building or erect a makeshift tentBurundi’s lower house of parliament has passed a bill intended to curb the country’s “proliferation of churches”.A government survey last year found there were 557 denominations practising in the small Central African state.New regulations would require churches to have at least 500 members and a proper building.Evangelical churches mushroomed during and after the long ethnic-based civil war, which officially ended in 2005 after some 300,000 people had died.The BBC’s Prime Ndikumagenge in the capital, Bujumbura, says the bill received the unanimous support of MPs in the National Assembly and is unlikely to face much opposition in the Senate.If no changes are made to the draft legislation, it must be signed by the president within 30 days or sent back to parliament for a second reading.Once signed into law, churches would have a year to comply with the new regulations.For a foreign church to be allowed to register, it would have to show that it had 1,000 followers.Abuse scandalsOur correspondent says it is common to see makeshift tents where worshippers gather by the side of the road on Sundays.Anyone can set themselves up as a preacher and there have been a few scandals over the years involving some of the smaller churches, he says.Foreign churches would have to show they had 1,000 followers in the country before being allowed to registerSome preachers have been accused of manipulating or abusing their followers.One reported case involved a preacher who said that barren women wanting to conceive should sleep with him.Most of Burundi’s nine million inhabitants are Christian, and some also follow traditional beliefs.During the parliamentary debate on Wednesday, MP Jean Minani asked for those following these animist beliefs to be given the right to worship as they wanted.Animist worshippers pray and perform rituals in the open to communicate with their ancestors or their god Imana.But Interior Minister Edouard Nduwimana dismissed such practices as “backward”.President Pierre Nkurunziza – a former rebel who was first elected president in 2005 – is a born-again Christian and his wife is a preacher in an evangelical church.
Sharing is caring! 1072 Views no discussions Share LocalNews Carlyn Roberts has been appointed as the National Authorizing Officer for Dominica by: – August 31, 2011 The European Development Fund has a new National Authorizing Officer.Carlyn Roberts, a trained agricultural economist and former officer of the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States Export Development, will officially commence her duties tomorrow.Miss Roberts described her appointment as an honor yet one which will be a major challenge.“It’s a challenge yet I am honored to be given the opportunity to serve my country at this level. The European Union has been a major development partner with Dominica and we feel that there is a lot of work to be done with all players involved, and given the mandate to manage the EU programming in Dominica is indeed a major challenge and with the co-operation of both the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica, all major stakeholders within civil society and a delegation of the European Union I feel that we have a lot of work to do in terms of the development of the Dominican economy.”The European Development Fund (EDF) is the major vehicle for development cooperation between the European Union (EU) and the 77 states that make up the African, Caribbean and Pacific group (ACP). The EDF is managed by the European Commission. The National Authorising Officer (NAO) who is the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Finance is the Government representative responsible for dealing with all operations funded from the EDF.Miss Roberts who replaces Mr Eddie Lambert who has been in the position for the last seven years, also noted that while the focus of the European Union is changing, the contribution of Mr Lambert should not go unnoticed.Dominica Vibes News Tweet Share Share
Off contract in June, Vertonghen is free to discuss pre-contract terms with foreign clubs. TMW says Vertonghen’s representatives have offered the Belgium international to Inter – and they’re receptive to the prospect.Advertisement Inter Milan are moving for Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen. The 32 year-old is expected to leave Spurs in June as he battles for form this season. Read Also:Inter Milan poised to axe shirt sponsors Pirelli Along with Inter, former club Ajax have also confirmed their interest via coach Erik ten Hag. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksSome Impressive And Almost Shocking Robots That ExistEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The World5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better6 Secret Origin Stories Of Modern Mouth-Watering MealWhat Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?Top Tastiest Foods From All Over The WorldEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime
The African swine fever (ASF) can rapidly spread to wild boars and domestic pigs but does not affect humans. The Sangguniang Panlalawigan of Aklan urges municipal mayors to implement stricter security measures on the heels of ASF cases in Luzon and various countries in Asia. AKEAN FORUM Last month, Gov. Florencio Mirafloresissued an executive order declaring a 90-day temporary ban on pigs andpork-related products originating from the provinces of Luzon and ASF-affectedcountries that might carry the deadly swine virus. KALIBO, Aklan – The SangguniangPanlalawigan here urged municipal mayors to implement stricter securitymeasures on the heels of African swine fever (ASF) cases in Luzon and variouscountries in Asia. The provincial government also beefedup its security by setting up three animal quarantine checkpoints in towns Altavas,Nabas and Buruanga, and augmented personnel of Bureau of Animal Quarantineassigned in Caticlan jetty port and Kalibo International Airport. The Caticlan port in Malay, Aklan is amajor gateway in the western seaboard of around 15 vessels loaded with 225 rollingcargoes, 5,500 passengers, 18 live pigs, and 6,800 metric tons of pork productsdaily. Meanwhile, the provincial board askedAgriculture secretary William Dar to provide x-ray scanner machines for Algeriaport in Buruanga, Aklan and in Caticlan port, and to deploy additionalveterinary quarantine personnel in the western parts of the province. Kalibo airport also caters to regionalflights from ASF-affected countries like China and South Korea, urging the needto enhance the security in seaports and airports, swine production andslaughterhouse facilities in the province. ASF can rapidly spread to wild boarsand domestic pigs but does not affect humans. No vaccine is currently availablefor ASF.(With a report from Akean Forum/PN)
People buy ham as preparation for Christmas dinner. The Iloilo Provincial Veterinary Office says there is enough supply of the holiday staple this December despite the 90-day pork ban due to African swine fever. REUTERS ILOILO – Will there be a shortage of hamthis Christmas? According to Dr. Darel Tabuada, VeterinarianIV at the PVO, there will be enough hams this holiday season amid concerns onthe 90-day pork ban in the province due to African swine fever (ASF). The Provincial Veterinary Office (PVO) assuredthis won’t happen. “Base sa amon monitoring walagid man sang changes sangpagsagod sang baboy as usual gihapon,” added Tabuada./PN “For the province, indi lang gid man Luzon ang naga-supply. We still have our local suppliers and may ara kita nga supplier fromother areas like Cebu,” Tabuada added. He said that brands from Mindanaoand other parts of Visayas can also replenish the Luzon brands that they pulledout from the market given that these products have necessary permits. “Tanannga pasalubong halin sa affected areas especially halin sa Luzon nga dal-on diri sa Visayas ang gina-confiscate,”added Tabauda, citing that these measures will ward off possible ASF breach. Based on PVO’s latest monitoring, thereis enough supply of ham and pork products in the market that could still lasteven after Christmas season. Tabuada advised Ilonggos from Luzonareas coming home for holidays not to bring processed pork products. Quarantine officers detailed in airport andsea ports strictly enforce pork ban, Tabuada said Consumers need not worry about theshortage of ham brands from Luzon, noting local brands could still supply themarket, he said. Tabuada also said that local backyardfarmers were not affected by ASF scare.
Garry Neil Freeman, age 75 of Harrison, Ohio passed away Friday, July 5, 2019 in Harrison, Ohio. Born July 30, 1943 in Harlan County, Kentucky the son of Clarence and Cora (Howard) Freeman.Garry graduated from Norwood High School, served his country in the United States Navy. Married Betty Thomas July 6, 1976 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Garry retired form General Electric as a Tool Maker and was a member of Norwood Masonic Lodge #576.Garry is survived by his wife Betty Freeman. Father of Paul (Laura) Freeman, Garry “Bug” (Becky) Freeman Jr., John “Tommy” (Amanda) Freeman, Shawn (Meagan) Marksberry, Tammy (Allen) Barton, Anita (John) McKinney, Tina (Kevin Brown) Palmer and Sherry (Bob Rose) Evangelo. Grandfather of 23 and Great grandfather of 36. Brother of Clarence “Howard” (Carolyn) Freeman and Lois Collins.Garry is preceded in death by his parents Clarence and Cora Freeman, daughter Beverly Dunaway, grandsons Jason McKinney, Allen Barton and brother Marvin “Bud” Freeman.Visitation will be held Thursday, July 11, 2019 from 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. with masonic services at 7:45 P.M. all at Jackman Hensley Funeral Home 215 Broadway Street Harrison, Ohio 45030. Burial will be Friday, July 12, 2019 10:30 A.M. at Glen Haven Cemetery with military honors conducted by US Navy and Harrison Honor Guard.Memorials may be directed to St Jude Children’s Hospital 262 Danny Thomas Place Memphis, TN 38105 c/o the funeral home.