Warships start underway portion of Romanian-hosted exercise

first_img View post tag: Romanian Navy Warships from NATO’s standing mine countermeasure group 2 (SNMCMG2) joined the underway portion of the Romanian-hosted exercise Poseidon that is taking place between March 5 and 13.The exercise as a whole is hosted by Romania this year and will include more than 1,500 sailors and 17 warships from seven NATO member states. Romanian contribution to the exercise includes a navy helicopter, two dive boats, a coast guard vessel and two MiG 21 aircraft from the Romanian Air Forces.Exercise Poseidon is designed to enhance the open cooperation of navies for ensuring safe navigation routes with a focus on discovery and neutralization of underwater hazards such as sea mines.Poseidon began in 2015 as a bilateral Romanian-Bulgarian naval exercise. The host for the exercise alternates each year between Romania and Bulgaria.“Poseidon 2017 is a Romanian-Bulgarian annual bilateral exercise, carried out with the participation of naval and land forces through which we practice NATO tactics, techniques and standard procedures, to increase interoperability,” said Chief of Staff of the Romanian Naval Forces Rear Admiral Alexander Mirsu at the exercise opening ceremony in Constanta, Romania. “NATO exercises in the Black Sea of the bordering countries are not provocative or offensive. They are complex and carry a message of friendship and pursue interoperability growth.”SNMCMG2 is led by Commander Aleksander Urbanowicz, Polish Navy, and comprised of Polish flagship ORP Kontradmiral Xawery Czernicki, Spanish minehunter ESPS Duero, German minesweeper FGS Rottweil, Turkish mine hunter TCG Alanya and Romanian ROS Slt. Alexandru Axente. March 8, 2017 View post tag: MARCOM Share this article Warships start underway portion of Romanian-hosted exercise Poseidoncenter_img Back to overview,Home naval-today Warships start underway portion of Romanian-hosted exercise Poseidon View post tag: Exercise Poseidon View post tag: SNMCMG2 Authoritieslast_img read more

Press release: Garage bosses allowed disqualified director to run company

first_imgJanice Rogers (61) and Elizabeth Dagg (70), both from Northumberland, were directors of Auto Testing Limited (ATL). Incorporated in February 2007, ATL operated as a car mechanics, fuel station and convenience store.There was also a third boss, Stewart Rogers. But the 72-year-old from Northumberland had been previously disqualified for five years in January 2011 in relation to his conduct as director of a separate company, Northern 4 x 4 Centre LTD, and should not have been managing the business.The company entered voluntary liquidation in October 2016 and the Insolvency Service were tipped off to Stewart Rogers’ involvement.Investigators were able to gather evidence which showed that Stewart Rogers had been running ATL and Janice Rogers, Stewart’s current wife, and Elizabeth Dagg, his ex-wife, had been aware of his disqualification.On 17 October 2018, the Secretary of State accepted a disqualification undertaking from Stewart Rogers, after he admitted acting as director whilst disqualified. His ban is effective from 7 November 2018 and lasts for 11 years.On the same day, the Secretary of State accepted disqualification undertakings from Janice Rogers and Elizabeth Dagg, after both admitted allowing Stewart Rogers to act as director whilst disqualified. Both bans are effective from 7 November 2018 and last for 5 years.Robert Clarke, Chief Investigator for the Insolvency Service, said: You can also follow the Insolvency Service on: Notes to editorsStewart Rogers is of Morpeth, Northumberland, and his date of birth is October 1946.Janice Rogers is of Morpeth, Northumberland, and her date of birth is June 1957.Elizabeth Dagg is of Morpeth, Northumberland, and her date of birth is April 1948A disqualification order has the effect that without specific permission of a court, a person with a disqualification cannot: Office currently closed during the coronavirus pandemic. Email [email protected] Disqualification undertakings are the administrative equivalent of a disqualification order but do not involve court proceedings.Persons subject to a disqualification order are bound by a range of other restrictions.The Insolvency Service administers the insolvency regime, investigating all compulsory liquidations and individual insolvencies (bankruptcies) through the Official Receiver to establish why they became insolvent. It may also use powers under the Companies Act 1985 to conduct confidential fact-finding investigations into the activities of live limited companies in the UK. In addition, the agency deals with disqualification of directors in corporate failures, assesses and pays statutory entitlement to redundancy payments when an employer cannot or will not pay employees, provides banking and investment services for bankruptcy and liquidation estate funds and advises ministers and other government departments on insolvency law and practice.Further information about the work of the Insolvency Service, and how to complain about financial misconduct, is available.Contact Press OfficeMedia enquiries for this press release – 020 7637 6498 Press Office Media Manager 0303 003 1743 Our investigation showed that Stewart Rogers was acting as a director of Auto Testing Limited in direct breach of the earlier disqualification undertaking he had given, and that Janice Rogers and Elizabeth Dagg had allowed him to do so. act as a director of a company take part, directly or indirectly, in the promotion, formation or management of a company or limited liability partnership be a receiver of a company’s property The Insolvency Service will vigorously pursue directors who ignore disqualification restrictions against them, as well as those that allow such directors to act. The length of the undertakings in this case sends a clear message that such behaviour will not be tolerated. This service is for journalists only. For any other queries, please contact the Insolvency Enquiry Line.For all media enquiries outside normal working hours, please contact the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Press Office on 020 7215 1000. Twitter LinkedIn YouTubelast_img read more

“Girls on the run“ this Year as well: Fun and Socially Responsible Race

first_imgAfter numerous successful projects, non-governmental organization “Marathon“ Sarajevo will organize the third race in B&H only for girls “Girls on run 2015“.In the beautiful and peaceful Wilson’s promenade on 13rd September 2015, beginning at 10.00 a.m., the race and walk which will start from the hotel Bristol will be held. On this short and fun race, participation of 300 to 400 girls is expected and participants can walk or run.Sport project “Girls on run“ is organized as a promotion of healthy and active life of our fellow citizens but also as a tool in the fight against discrimination and prejudices in our society. On this occasion, organizers want to contribute to marking of the Week of peace, building more healthy and modern environment, and sport manifestations like this one are long practice in all modern countries, and gather up to 30.000 participants.The sign for the start of the race/walk will be given by the Ambassador of the Kingdom of Norway in B&H, Vibeke Lilloe.The race number can be taken before the race on Sunday 13rd September, from 9.00 a.m. to 10.00 in the zone of start and finish, near the garden of the hotel Bristol Sarajevo, and the entry fee is 5 BAM.More information at the official website www.sarajevomarathon.ba or at the Facebook page Djevojke na trčanju.(Source: klix.ba)last_img read more