Where contact details are shared, contact tracers have reached 88.3% of contacts since the service launched Number of people coming forward for a test has increased by 57% since mid-June NHS Test and Trace has now been in operation for 3 months Where contact details are shared, contact tracers have reached 88.3% of contacts identified by those testing positive since the launch of NHS Test and Trace.Demand for testing across the country continues to grow. Since mid-June the number of people getting newly tested has increased by 57% with over 440,000 people newly tested in the latest week of statistics (13 August to 19 August).In response, the largest network of diagnostic testing facilities in British history, built from scratch, continues to grow. This includes expanding testing sites and investing in new technologies to have a 500,000 per day capacity by the end of October.Ongoing work means that more tests are being made available each day, with testing capacity allocated based on areas of greatest need and prevalence of the virus.Interim Executive Chair of the National Institute for Health Protection Baroness Dido Harding, said: 297,138 people have been reached by the service. This includes both those testing positive and their contacts 80.6% of all contacts identified were reached, which increases to 88.3% for those we had contact information for 4,389,503 people have been newly tested under pillars 1 and 2 Statistics from the 12th week of operation of NHS Test and Trace (13 to 19 August) show that since the service launched: This week marks a milestone for NHS Test and Trace, which has now been in operation for more than 3 months. The statistics published today show that every week we consistently reach the majority of people testing positive and their contacts, and have now reached almost 300,000 people who may have unknowingly passed the virus on. This country now has the capacity to test for coronavirus and trace contacts on an unprecedented scale to stop the spread of the virus. We will continue to build the service further to reach more and more people and to scale up our testing capacity by expanding our network of testing sites and investing in new technologies. I urge everyone to use NHS Test and Trace to help everyone get back to a more normal way of life. If you have symptoms, book a test immediately, and if you are contacted by the service, follow the advice you receive.
Bar panel readies to release unbundled services report September 15, 2001 Regular News Bar panel readies to release unbundled services report A report that could help improve access to the courts and could have major implications for the ways lawyers help some clients will be presented to the Board of Governors next month, but it’s still too early to say what will be recommended. Board of Governors member Sharon Langer, chair of the Special Committee on Unbundled Legal Services, told the board on August 23 that the committee will be making recommendations at the board’s October 19 meeting. The Supreme Court asked the Bar to explore the subject in light of the explosion of pro se litigation, especially in family courts. Langer said the committee defined unbundled services as allowing an attorney to handle a discrete task in a larger case. Another way of looking at it, she said, was seeing a case as a bundle of sticks and allowing the attorney to address only one or a few of the sticks. So far, she reported, the panel has looked at three major areas: allowing attorneys to make limited court appearances for clients; ghostwriting, or allowing attorneys to assist in preparing documents where the attorney’s name will not appear; and doing a discrete portion of a larger case. Four other states have already drafted rules allowing unbundled services, and New York is working on a rule, Langer said. The ABA has also identified unbundling as the number one way to increase access to the courts, she said. She quoted ABA President Robert Hirshon as saying, “Unbundling is like splitting the atom. We have a tool that can create incredible benefits, but it can also create incredible disaster.” The committee published preliminary recommendations in the Bar News and received comments, she said. Since then, representatives from the Young Lawyers Division have been added to the committee, the ABA Ethics 2000 project made specific recommendations about unbundled services, and other input has been received. “What we’re going to be bringing before you at the October meeting is a final report,” Langer said. “I honestly can’t tell you what that final report will be.”
The First Trust G6 tournament brought smiles on the faces of Ghanaians since there are no competitive matches in the country.The start of our league is now known, February 20. But at the time, there was an informational vacuum for football fans as well as the GFA therefore the tournament represented a good platform for supporters to see their beloved teams in action.The eagerness and readiness for the tournament was there for everyone to see. Teams like Ashgold who will be representing the nation in the upcoming CAF Champions League and Medeama Sporting Club who will also represent the nation in the CAF Confederations took it seriously.The two biggest clubs in Ghana, Asante Kotoko and Accra Hearts of Oak used the tournament to assess their current crop of players for the upcoming league. For Kenichi, this will be a learning curve for him to know more about our league. Teams who participated had high hopes and wanted to use this as a stepping stone to win over their doubters.The matches were shown live on some TV stations and this reignited the good old days when the premier league was so popular in the country. Supporters who couldn’t be at the stadium to cheer their teams to victory were able to sit at the comfort of their homes to watch the games.The standard in our league is nothing to write home about and it’s sad. When a football nation like Ghana, that has produced world class players such as Odartey Lamptey, Abedi Ayew Pele, Mohammed Polo and others cannot compare its league with other nations in the sub-region. The just ended Ghalca G6 was competitive as compared with previous years. Albert Commey, Aduana Stars Chief Executive Officer (CEO) says that the standard in the competition will be replicated in the upcoming league.He said: “In terms of the standard of play, I will admit I was shocked because you can’t underrate any of the six teams that played in the tournament. They were very good and I say it is a replica of what will happen in the league when it starts.”“If someone says the matches were easy then it means that person wasn’t there and if you were present at the stadium and watching the kind of quality of football being displayed by the clubs, you will attest that the standard was very high. The kind of tactics the coaches displayed showed strength in defense midfield and attack each team and it was very good”.Kotoko won most of the awards in the tournament. Kwame Boateng was adjudged the Best Player and top scorer with two goals. Eric Ofori Antwi was named the Best Goalkeeper and new signing Bennet Ofori was awarded discovery of the tournament. Aduana Stars’ center back Yakubu Mohammed was crown Best Defender of the tournament. It was a successful tournament organized and we hope it can raise the standard in the league. –