Young entrepreneur launches UK’s first ‘modern’ land buying and selling portal

first_imgThe UK’s first dedicated portal for those finding, researching, buying or selling land has launched with three leading agents signed up; Savills, Bidwells and the Land and New Homes Network with more in the pipeline.Addland.com hopes to sign up more agents marketing land for sale and says this will be a free service until August for those who sign up now.The platform will offer all types of commercial, residential and agricultural land from self-build plots to large development opportunities and even consented roof space, giving searchers a wealth of information not brought together before in one place.This includes everything from environmental considerations such as flood zones, public rights of way or ancient woodland, to boundary details, acreage and terrain levels.Founder Thomas McAlpine, a member of the famous construction dynasty, tells The Negotiator that he’s spent three years preparing the site for launch because he wanted to get the technology right and work with stakeholders.Fragmented past“Searching for land has until now involved a fragmented array of digital and traditional sources.“Finding plots, particularly if you are a self-builder or small developer, can be a challenge.“Addland.com is foremost a technology platform and unlike other portals which have not focussed on innovation, we want to bring new ideas to the market for land.”McAlpine says his platform’s users will include professional buyers, developers, self-builders, strategic land alliances and investors.He says the platform which is still in Beta mode will be much more than a portal, offering back-office support to vendors including leads management as well as search tools for buyers.But overall McAlpine says he wants Addland.com to bring ‘land to life’ by making it visible and accessible for everyone, and drag it out of the shadows as a sector.Addland Thomas McAlpine Land and New Homes Network Bidwells Savills April 15, 2021Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021 Home » News » Land & New Homes » Young entrepreneur launches UK’s first ‘modern’ land buying and selling portal previous nextLand & New HomesYoung entrepreneur launches UK’s first ‘modern’ land buying and selling portalFounder Thomas McAlpine says Addland.com has signed up Savills, Bidwells and the Land and New Homes Network as listing agents for its launch.Nigel Lewis15th April 202101,289 Viewslast_img read more

UK driver pleads guilty to manslaughter of 39 found dead in truck

first_imgTopics : They died from lack of oxygen and overheating, according to post-mortem examinations.Police charged five men, who appeared at a virtual hearing via Skype at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.Robinson had already pleaded guilty to conspiracy to assist unlawful immigration and acquiring criminal property.British Romanian Gheorghe Nica, 43, denied 39 counts of manslaughter while Romanian national Alexandru-Ovidiu Hanga, 27, denied a charge of conspiracy to assist unlawful immigration. A British lorry driver on Wednesday pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of 39 people found dead in a refrigerated truck in southeast England.Northern Ireland man Maurice Robinson, 25, was arrested shortly after the bodies of 31 men and eight women from Vietnam were discovered in the truck in an industrial zone in Grays, east of London, in October.The lorry arrived on a ferry from the Belgian port of Zeebrugge in the early hours of October 23, carrying the victims, who included two 15-year-old boys.center_img Northern Ireland man Christopher Kennedy, 23, has previously denied conspiracy to assist unlawful immigration while Valentin Calota, 37, was not asked to enter a plea to the charge of conspiring to assist unlawful immigration.Prosecutor William Emlyn Jones told the court that human trafficking conspiracy charges were being dropped against Kennedy and Robinson.Migrants can pay smugglers up to $40,000 for the dangerous journey, an enormous sum in Vietnam, where the annual per capital income is around $2,400, according to the World Bank.last_img read more

New Wake Forest coach Steve Forbes on Deacons in transfer portal: They’ll have to tell me no

first_imgMORE: NCAA NIL rules, explainedForbes, though, because he is taking over in the middle of a pandemic, faces challenges that are unique to the circumstance. Most notably: The Demon Deacons’ best returning player, 7-0 center Olivier Sarr, announced he is entering the NCAA transfer portal, joining Jahcobi Neath, Ismael Massoud and Ody Oguama, and Forbes does not want them to leave.“We talked to every player last night, and I had an unbelievable visit with Olivier today, Ismael, all those kids we’re talking about,” Forbes said. “I think it’s one of those things, you know, there’s uncertainty at this time and they don’t know me. We have to build a relationship. I told them over and over again, my No. 1 recruiting responsibility, and priority, is to get everyone back.“None of those guys — not one player I talked to last night — said they did not want to return to Wake. They all have the desire to return, it’s just a matter of relationships. I understand that. And I told them that: I understand if you want to look at your options. But you’re not going to look at a better option than Wake. You’ve got the triple-double right here: One of the top 30 educations in the country, you got world-class facilities and you play in the best league in America.”Wake Forest was 6-14 in the Atlantic Coast Conference with those players this past season, under now-dismissed Danny Manning. They bowed rather meekly out of the ACC Tournament on its opening day in an 81-72 loss to Pitt, which was no power, either. All told, seven players from that group have entered the portal, leaving Wake with two scholarship currently players on the roster.Forbes will generate enthusiasm at Wake whether or not those players return. It might take a little more time to build a winner if he winds up forced to start with an empty gym, figuratively, with few returning players or none — the way Mick Cronin did at Cincinnati in 2006 or Tom Crean did at Indiana that same year. Both eventually won multiple conference championships.MORE: Clearing up misconceptions about NIL rules for student-athletesForbes won an average of 26 games per season in five years as head coach at East Tennessee State, and his teams twice earned NCAA Tournament bids by winning the Southern Conference championship, including this past season. His Buccaneers, like all teams that had qualified or aspired to compete in the 2020 NCAA Tournament, were kept from competing when it was canceled March 12. Taking over Wake with the COVID-19 crisis still impacting the nation means Forbes’ gym also is empty, literally. Players are not on campus. They cannot yet meet with him in person as a group or individually.“It’s a challenge, but it’s a challenge that I’m up for and I’m going to work really hard to build relationships,” Forbes said. “And I really want to get everybody back.“Those are our most important recruits. … These are fine young men. They are ingrained in our community. It’s my job to build a relationship with them and get them to come back. So that’s what I’m going to do. They’re going to have to tell me no.” Steve Forbes, wearing a dark jacket and yellow tie that nicely corresponded to the school colors of his new employer, met the assembled media who cover Wake Forest basketball Friday morning in a manner unlike anyone who ever has accepted a high-major coaching job.He stood at a podium. Reporters, via an internet service called WebEx, logged in from their home offices and guestrooms and the like, and asked the sorts of questions that often are asked about coaches taking over failing programs.last_img read more

Woman finds spy cam in shower of Airbnb; suspect still not charged

first_imgAuthorities in Virginia Beach are currently investigating an incident were a woman vacationing in the area found a spy camera in the shower of a home she was renting.The incident occurred sometime in July of this year.The woman says that during the second day of her stay, she noticed a reflective black dot taped to the ceiling of the shower. When she and her friend began to investigate the dot, they soon found out that it was a small camera.According to the search warrant, a man who lives in the home admitted to placing the camera inside the shower and collecting footage from at least one of the women.In addition to the camera, investigators also found that above the shower there was an attic that led directly to the man’s bedroom.Despite the evidence and the man admitting to placing the camera, he allegedly has not been charged with a crime.Authorities have reported that they are still investigating the situation and are waiting for an analysis on the items that were collected from the home.If the suspect is arrested, he will face up to a year in jail and a $2,500 fine.last_img read more

Trump Concludes 2019 with Tweets, Golf, Iraq, and NYE Party

first_imgHe then spent some time at his Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach after posting five more tweets on topics ranging from Iran’s involvement in the attack on the U.S. embassy in Baghdad, to armed church-goers who stopped a gunman in Texas, to a phone call from Russian President Vladimir Putin, and a trade deal with China. After news broke that the American embassy in Baghdad had been breached by Iraqi Kateb Hezbollah protesters, Trump posted:….Iran will be held fully responsible for lives lost, or damage incurred, at any of our facilities. They will pay a very BIG PRICE! This is not a Warning, it is a Threat. Happy New Year!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 31, 2019 Iran killed an American contractor, wounding many. We strongly responded, and always will. Now Iran is orchestrating an attack on the U.S. Embassy in Iraq. They will be held fully responsible. In addition, we expect Iraq to use its forces to protect the Embassy, and so notified!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 31, 2019 President Donald Trump ended 2019 with quite a busy day which included tweeting on a variety of issues, golfing, defusing an attack on a U.S. embassy that put the country on the brink of war, and hosting a party at Mar-a-Lago.The president began his New Year’s Eve with this tweet:center_img The protesters reportedly chanted anti-American slogans as they smashed glass, spray painted and set the embassy walls on fire. The attack is believed to have been in retaliation for missile strikes the U.S. conducted last weekend against Kateb Hezbollah, which Trump has blamed for killing and wounding American servicemen in Iraq recently.The President also addressed reports that he was golfing while the embassy was under attack, saying:The Fake News said I played golf today, and I did NOT! I had meeting in various locations, while closely monitoring the U.S. Embassy situation in Iraq, which I am still doing. The Corrupt Lamestream Media knew this but, not surprisingly, failed to report or correct!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 31, 2019 When a reporter later asked Trump about his goal for the new year, First Lady Melania responded: “Peace on the world.” Trump added that he did not want to discuss his resolution because he did not want to “jinx it.”Mr. Trump also told journalists covering the event, “You have to stay honorable. If you’re honorable, I’m going to win the election by a lot. If you’re not honorable, I’m just going to win the election by a little. So I’d rather have you be honorable, Ok?”The President then hosted a New Year’s Eve party attended by many administration and campaign officials and friends, including Secretary of Housing and Urban Development and Palm Beach Gardens resident Ben Carson and Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani.The First Family is scheduled to return to Washington, D.C. on Sunday.last_img read more

Florida Shopping Cart Bandit Takes Wedding Ring, Wallet

first_imgPolice in Winter Haven, Florida are looking for a thief they say stole more than another woman’s wallet.The victim apparently turned away from her cart for a moment at a Publix store late last week.That is when the other woman grabbed the victim’s wallet from the shopping cart.Photo courtesy: Winter Haven Police Department/FacebookAccording to police, the suspect then used the victim’s stolen credit card at various locations around town, including 7-Eleven and Dollar General.The woman’s wallet also contained her husband’s wedding ring. He has been hospitalized for more than a month, and she placed the ring in her wallet for safekeeping.Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 226-TIPS.last_img

Demi Lovato to Sing National Anthem at Super Bowl 54 in Miami

first_imgDemi Lovato will sing the national anthem at next month’s Super Bowl in south Florida. Demi Lovato will perform the national anthem at the Super Bowl https://t.co/vevAOryGVa pic.twitter.com/FUd2iw5zDu— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) January 16, 2020 The NFL and FOX said today the Grammy-nominated singer songwriter will take the stage in Miami on February 2nd to sing in front of a global television audience.The news comes after Lovato went to rehab in 2018 for a drug overdose.Jennifer Lopez and Shakira will provide the halftime entertainment on Super Bowl Sunday. 3 weeks until the Super Bowl so I’m giving you a sneak peak into my half time performance. Head over to my TikTok to check it out. Dance to On The Floor with me!!! I’ll reshare some of my favorites. #JLoSuperBowlChallenge https://t.co/zmYLllY0hO— Jennifer Lopez (@JLo) January 12, 2020last_img read more

Authorities Shoot Suspect After Armed Robbery, Chase in Keys

first_imgMonroe County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Adam Linhardt said the driver of the car ignored the deputy’s attempts to conduct a traffic stop and continued traveling north, with deputies and the Florida Highway Patrol in pursuit. A Tennessee man wanted in connection with an armed robbery in Key West ended up leading deputies and troopers on a chase and shooting at them Saturday afternoon, prompting authorities to return fire, according to officials.The chase began around 3:15 p.m. when a deputy noticed a car matching the description of a vehicle used in an earlier armed robbery in Key West traveling north on Stock Island. The car eventually stopped after tire spikes were set near mile marker 10 on Big Coppitt Key.Officials say the driver, 24-year-old Julian Thomas, pulled out a gun and fired at deputies and troopers, who returned fire, Linhardt said.center_img Thomas was shot and airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center in Miami.His gun was found inside the car.No deputies or troopers were injured in the incident, added Linhardt.“The use of force in this case, like all cases of this nature, will be independently investigated by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and reviewed by the state attorney,” Monroe County Sheriff Rick Ramsay said.He went on to say, “That said, with the information I have at this point, this appears to be an appropriate use of force by the officers involved.”last_img read more